Thank you for choosing to call your new Wilmington, DE apartment at The Residences at Harlan Flats home. We know this decision was not made lightly and we hope you have an incredible experience here. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and provide all of the information necessary to enjoy not only your home, but the amazing attractions nearby.
The health of our residents and staff is paramount, and ResideBPG is taking necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all within our communities.
We are closely monitoring the situation and have created an internal task force to address the planning, preparation, communication, and action regarding COVID-19 prevention. We will continue to communicate up-to-date information and best practices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) when applicable.
It is important to remember that you live in close proximity to others and that protecting your health is also helping protect your neighbor’s health. If have any questions or concerns about the information below, please contact your healthcare provider directly.
What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are common in people and many different species of animals. COVID-19 is a specific, novel virus that was detected in December 2019 in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China.
How does COVID-19 spread?
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
What can I do to limit my risk of COVID-19?
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends the following actions to help prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. You can take steps to slow the spread.
- Maintain good social distance (about 6 feet) and avoid close contact with others outside of your home. This is very important in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others.
- Monitor your health daily. Be alert for symptoms and take your temperature if symptoms develop.
Click here to visit the CDC website for more information.
What is ResideBPG doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Our staff and cleaning contractors are currently using antibacterial solutions to disinfect all common areas, and we have instructed them to pay close attention to high traffic areas like elevators, lobbies, etc. We’ve provided disinfectant, antibacterial wipes, and receptacles in each community’s lobby and have encouraged residents to wipe down regularly used surfaces, such as elevator buttons and door handles, prior to use.
Our offices will remain open to support our residents, however, we will be practicing social distancing for both our safety. Residents should contact their management team by phone or email with all inquiries or questions rather than visit the office.
Our employees are screened each day by a health care professional to make sure they are clear to work. All employees are required to wear masks, follow the recommended protocol for proper handwashing/sanitizing, and practice 6-foot social distancing.
Residents are required to wear a mask whenever outside of their apartment home, including in fitness centers, elevators, hallways, lobbies, parking garages, and stairwells. Cloth face coverings can be fashioned from household items. Medical-grade masks should be reserved for healthcare professionals.
For all amenities, we have an online scheduling tool to limit usage and maximize social distancing. Reservations are required to use any of our indoor amenity spaces. Refer to the chatbot in the bottom right corner of the website and select “Current Residents”.
Recognize that ResideBPG and its associates are not healthcare professionals. The CDC and other qualified health officials should continue to be the primary source of current information and guidance. The information presented above comes directly from the CDC, but the content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
- Business Center: Our business center is fully-equipped to handle all of your home office needs. Please utilize it in a timely manner so other residents can enjoy as well. If you should need to rent it out for a meeting, please notify the leasing office.
- Complimentary Wifi: Available in the common areas on the first floor.
- Concierge Services: Our onsite concierge will accept packages, dry cleaning, groceries, etc. You will receive an electronic notification by either phone, text, or email when packages are waiting for you to pick up at the front desk.
- Fitness Center: Our state-of-the-art fitness center is available to residents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply remember to bring your key fob for access.
- Freight Delivery: Available for move-in and deliveries by reservation via the Concierge Desk at (302) 757-9020.
- Newsletter: Please make sure the leasing office has your email on file to receive important resident updates and exclusive offers to local businesses.
- Outdoor Patio: Fire up our grill for a barbeque or sit back and relax by our outdoor fire pit.
- ResideBPG Play Where You Live Program: ResideBPG residents receive exclusive discounts to local businesses with the Play Where You Live card. For a current Play Where You Live card, please visit the leasing office. For more information about the participants, visit our Perks page.
- Resident Lounge: We encourage all resident to utilize our resident lounge to mingle and meet fellow neighbors
- Swimming Pool: Our outdoor courtyard with private swimming pool is open seasonally for residents to enjoy. For your own safety, please follow all pool rules and regulations.
In the event that your apartment needs to be serviced, please log in to your account to submit a work order. We take pride in our service and will try to complete all requests within 24 hours. When submitting a service request, please be as detailed as possible to help us expedite the process. Our maintenance technician is onsite Monday-Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm. For requests after normal hours, please call the 24-hour emergency maintenance line at (302) 757-9020.
The Residences at Harlan Flats is a pet friendly community. The current pet policy is a maximum of 2 pets with a $500 deposit for the first and an additional $250 deposit for the send. We will also honor a 50% reduced pet deposit for all Delaware Humane Association adoptions. Breed restrictions do apply, so please speak to your leasing agent for more details.
Refer a friend and receive a $250 rent credit! You both must fill out a form confirming that you were the initial source in finding The Residences at Harlan Flats. Your friend can only mention one initial source in order for you to receive the rent credit. The $250.00 rent credit will be applied after your friend signs a 12-month lease and moves in. For more details, please see the management office.